ACF is a tax-exempt public benefit organization currently headed by Claudia Chapline (Stinson Beach) to present contemporary art in collaboration with Marin and Sonoma venues. ACF’s mission is to enhance community life by presenting indoor and outdoor art exhibitions and events that combine work by artists of national and international reputation with work by regional artists. http://artatthecheesefactory.org/ email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Directors: Christian Anthony, Claudia Chapline, Etta Deikman, Joe Fox, Kristin Otis
Our first three exhibitions were at the Marin French Cheese Company, a 700 acre ranch and historic factory (operating continuously for 145 years), with over 150,000 visitors each year. The owners, Jim Boyce and Kristin Otis transformed a historic barn in 2005 into an exhibition space to show works by the late painter Jesse Reichek. During their current ownership transition, ACF is moving out into the community to a variety of venues for each new presentation. In June, 2010, ACF presented its first off-site exhibition at the new Marin Arts Gallery. 2011 plans include an environmentally themed exhibition at Gallery Route One in Point Reyes Station.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Coming from San Francisco North Hwy. 101
- At Novato take the Atherton/ San Marin exit.
- At the light turn Left on San Marin Dr.
- Follow San Marin Dr. approximately 2 ½ miles to Novato Blvd.
- Turn Right on Novato Blvd. And go 7 ½ miles
until it dead ends into Pt. Reyes/Petaluma Rd.
- Turn Left on Pt. Reyes-Petaluma Rd. and go 1/3 of a mile just past the firehouse on the Right side.
Coming from Santa Rosa South Hwy. 101
- Take the E. Washington St. Exit (2nd exit)
- At the light turn Right on E. Washington St.
- Follow E. Washington St. to the 3rd stoplight and turn Left on Lakeville Street.
- Turn Right at the next light on "D" Street.
- Follow "D" Street 11 miles until you see the only Firehouse. We are just after the Firehouse on the Right side.